OPPORTUNITIES TO GET INVOLVED IN ENFIA
ENFIA continues to work towards more membership involvement and providing better interpretive services to the public and our members. Listed below are lots of opportunities for you to get involved. GIVE IT A TRY!
Please contact the ENFIA Board Member or contractor under each opportunity to get involved and for more information. If there is no contact listed, that means we need someone to not only be involved but to spearhead that particular project.
So contact Mary Knowles (1-886-281-5522) to offer your assistance and talents. Now is your chance to make a difference!
1. Creation of short school programs (animals, history, plants, geography, trails, fires, etc.).
2. Creation of campfire programs (animals, history, plants, geography, trails, fires etc.).
3. Give presentations to schools and campgrounds.
1. Create a photo and written record of the designated campsites at Carson Pass to be used to show visitors each campsite location and features.
1. Create trail guidebook for Hwy 50 area.
2. Write articles on various trails.
WORKSHOPS/ FIELD TRIPS:
1. Create and/or give workshops/field trips to ENFIA members and public on trails, plants, history, animals, geography etc.
1. Carson Pass Docent Program.
2. Woods Lake Trailhead Information.
3. Camino and all of the Forest Service outlets...Wright's Lake, Amador, Georgetown, and Crystal Basin.
TRAVERSE CREEK RESTORATION PROJECT:
1. Work Parties restoring the original wetland environment.
BRIDALVEIL FALLS TRAIL:
1. Work Parties repairing and maintaining the old-growth forest trail.
2. Update brochure and signs for the trail.
1. Work on cleaning up trails in wilderness areas.
CARSON PASS FACILITIES MANAGEMENT:
1. Do repairs and maintenance work on Carson Pass Information Station and Silver Lake Cabin.
1. Creation of artwork, books, brochures, handouts for ENFIA.
2. Creation of web page content to be used on ENFIA's web site "enfia.info."
1. Increase membership.
2. Increase membership involvement.
1. Book Reviews (for articles, for info, for volunteers, for the public, and for decision making).
2. Taking Inventory (quarterly at Amador RD, Crystal Basin, Georgetown RD, the Supervisors Office, Pacific RD, Carson Pass, and Wrights Lake).
1. Writing Articles (history, plants, trails, animals, adventures, book reviews, etc.).
2. Photographs of events and the forest.
1. Up date ENFIA publications, membership brochure, and handouts.
2. Create and/or coordinate new publications.
1. Develop new ideas for marketing ENFIA, The Forest Outpost, and products.
2. Work with Retail and Publicity.
3. Do market research on members and public. Who, when, why, how, and what.
1. Give special training to volunteers on history, trails, plants, animals, geography etc.
FOREST SERVICE CONNECTIONS:
1. Develop Power Point or some other type of presentation to give to FS personnel regarding ENFIA.
UPDATING OF ENFIA:
1. Reviewing and updating ENFIA By-Laws, Policies, and Forest Agreement.
2. Reviewing ENFIA's past and determining the future of ENFIA. Who we are and what we want to be.